Friday, May 2, 2008

CLUTCH BALL



CLUTCH BALL - The best baby gift, in my opinion. Of interest to a baby visually before he or she can also clutch it and wave it around gleefully and chew on the sections. Later on, it can be thrown and caught easily. Good from birth to about age 4, and occasionally beyond. Sometimes these are so beautiful people buy them to give to adults as works of art. Made of cotton cloth in 12 sections, stuffed with fiberfill. I am constantly making new different ones - ones of bright colors, or 1940s prints, or with butterflies, with stars. . . One of my standard ones is of patterns of cloth that remind me of the four elements: earth, air, fire, water. Clutch balls are about 7" in diameter and cost $24.

1 comment:

*~Jlynn~* said...

I was going to comment on the silly baby doll, but It's not here! How sad! Anyway, I just wanted to say I still chewed and sucked on my silly baby doll until I was about 9 or 10.