Friday, May 2, 2008

ABOUT SOOTHING TOYS FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN

My hands



Soothing Toys for Adults and Children, helpful to everyone in these difficult times. We all, no matter what age or sex, can use soothing, and from what I know of my sales, perhaps a third of my toys end up in the hands of adults.
Though all my toys are soothing, the ones I refer to as "Soothing Toys" are the Soothing Stars and Hearts, the Sleepy People, Sleepy Cats, Sleepy Sheep, the Hands To Hold, and the Pocket Friends. All these toys have millet and velour as components, which is part of what makes them comforting.
About millet, with which I fill most of my toys: Millet, being almost round, moves fluidly and evenly, and makes the toys filled with them very sensuous and comforting to both adults and children.
About velour, which is at least one side of most of my toys: Velour is a soft, rather heavy, slightly stretchy cloth. Its softness makes it comforting, its weight gives it substance, its slight stretchiness contributes “give”, adding to the sensuousness of the toys. Depending on the fiber content of the velour, it is more thick or less, more stretchy or less, more silky or less.

No comments: