Saturday, May 24, 2008

HAND PUPPETS





Hand puppets have long been favorite toys with children and adults alike. From my childhood I remember one particularly memorable performance by my younger brothers and me of CinderAlleyCat, when we even made costumes for the puppet actors. I loved puppets when I was little, and I still do! When I was the mother of young children I noticed that sometimes a puppet on the hand of a child could say something to me that the child couldn't, and needed to.

I make many more hand puppets than are shown here. Here you see (in color) a furry Wolf ($18), a fluffy Sheep, and a Wolf In (removable) Sheep's Clothing ($25). In black and white you see a corduroy Lion, more Sheep, a grey flannel Mouse (standing in front of a therefore invisible tweed Raccoon), a tweed Silly Bird (your hand moves it's felt mouth), and lying down to the right an unrecognizable-in-this-photo white corduroy Unicorn with a golden horn ($20). I also make a velvety Black Cat, a corduroy or velvet Rabbit, a furry Polar Bear and Brown Bear, a furry Snow Leopard, a corduroy Tiger, a velvety Horse ($18). Most of the puppets are $14. Exceptions as marked above.

No comments: